When things get rough at school or work, try whipping up this sloppy, scrumptious feast! As Franz Kafka once said, "So long as you have food in your mouth, you have solved all problems for the time being.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 2-4 servings
|3 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 small||onion, minced|
|2 cloves||garlic, minced|
|1||green pepper, minced|
|2 tsp||ground cumin|
|1 tsp||cayenne pepper|
|1/2 cup||tomato sauce|
|1 cup||canned red beans, drained|
|½ cup||NESTLÉ® ALL PURPOSE CREAM 250ml|
|4||baguettes or other bread of your choice, sliced in half|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
|Hot sauce to taste|
- In a sauce pan, sauté ground beef in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add in onion, garlic, and green pepper. Season with cumin and cayenne pepper and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Pour in tomato sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in red beans and NESTLÉ ALL PURPOSE CREAM. Season with salt, pepper, and hot sauce to taste.
- Toast the bread and top with the beef mixture.