Pancit Palabok with Layers of Delight
Your loved ones will love with this intricately prepared pancit palabok for your next party!
Prep Time: 70 minutes
Serving Size: 6-8 servings
|300g pancit palabok noodles, cooked al dente, soaked in cold water, drained|
|For Caldo / Sauce:|
|1/4 cup||annatto oil|
|4 pcs||tofu mashed|
|1 sachet||8g MAGGI MAGIC SARAP®|
|2 packs||NESTLÉ® ALL PURPOSE CREAM 250 ml|
|1/2 cup||chopped kinchay|
|2 tbsp||cooking oil|
|2 tbsp||minced garlic|
|1||small onion, sliced|
|1/4 kg||diced pork|
|1/4 kg||shrimp, shelled and deveined, chopped|
|1/2 cup||tinapa flakes|
|1/2 sachet||8g MAGGI MAGIC SARAP®|
|1 tbsp||patis (or to taste)|
|2 pcs||hard boiled eggs, sliced|
- In a clear big bowl, arrange 1/2 of cooked noodles at the bottom. Set aside and prepare caldo.
- To prepare caldo, heat annatto oil. Stir-fry mashed tofu. Season with patis and MAGGI MAGIC SARAP. Pour in NESTLÉ ALL PURPOSE CREAM and simmer for 2 minutes. Add kinchay. Set aside.
- To prepare topping, on a different pan, heat cooking oil. Sauté garlic and onions until limp.
- Add in pork and cook until brown in color and slightly crispy in texture. Add shrimp and cook until pink. Add in tinapa flakes.
- Season with MAGGI MAGIC SARAP and patis.
- To assemble, pour in caldo on top to cover noodles. Sprinkle with the topping. Repeat procedure until bowl is 3/4 full. Put a generous amount of toppings and garnish with hard boiled egg slices before serving.