Merry Creamed Chicken
Cream that flows on a bed of Chicken rows? Now that's some delight worth trying!
|For the chicken:|
|1⁄2 kg||chicken breast fillet|
|1 sachet||8g MAGGI MAGIC SARAP®|
|1⁄4 cup||Dijon Mustard|
|1 cup||grated mozzarella cheese|
|1 cup||bread crumbs|
|1⁄2 cup||cooking oil|
|For the gravy:|
|1/2 cup||NESTLÉ® ALL PURPOSE CREAM 250ml|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
For the chicken:
- Rub chicken breast with MAGGI MAGIC SARAP. Set aside to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Cut a slit on the non-skin part of the chicken breast. Rub inner part with a tablespoon of mustard then fill with 2-3 tablespoons of cheese. Close opening by gently pressing the sliced skin together.
- Gently wrap each chicken breast with 2 strips of bacon to secure together.
- Place beaten eggs and bread crumbs in separate bowls. Dip chicken in egg then roll in breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Meanwhile, heat cooking oil in a pan. Sear prepared chicken until slightly brown. Remove from heat and transfer to a glass baking dish. Finish on the pre-heated oven by baking for at least 30-35 minutes. Allow to rest for 15 minutes before slicing into rounds.
- Serve on a bed of sautéed asparagus, if desired.
For the gravy:
- Heat sauce pan and make roux by combining butter and flour. Thin mixture by adding NESTLÉ ALL PURPOSE CREAM and water. Stir until flour is completely dissolved. Add more cream or water to adjust to desired consistency.
- Season to taste. Serve gravy on the side or drizzle over the chicken.