Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Servings: Makes 6-8 ramekins
|4||large egg yolks|
|2 cans||NESTLÉ Thick Cream 300g|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract|
|6 Tbsp||sugar, for caramelizing on top of brulee|
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Using a whisk, mix the eggs and sugar together. Set aside.
- Scale the NESTLÉ Thick Cream in a saucepan until hot to touch but do not allow to boil. Remove from the heat and pour slowly over the eggs while mixing vigorously. Add vanilla.
- Pass through a strainer and pour into ramekins for baking. Place the ramekins in a baking pan and carefully pour boiling water into the pan halfway up the sides of the ramekin.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Check if the custards are set by shaking the ramekin slowly.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, sprinkle about 1 Tbsp of sugar on top of custard and heat with a blow torch until sugar caramelizes. Serve immediately.