Creamy Pinoy Fried Rice
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
|8 pcs||halved longganisa|
|¼ cup||minced onions|
|1 Tbsp||minced garlic|
|1 ½ cup||water or stock|
|¾ cup||pineapple tidbits|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|1 pack||NESTLÉ All Purpose Cream 250ml|
|3 cups||cooked rice|
|⅔ cups||cubed red bell peppers|
|⅔ cup||green peas|
|2 pcs||salted egg|
|2 Tbsp||chopped spring onions|
- Heat butter in a heavy saucepan. Add the longganisa and cook until slightly brown. Add onions and garlic. Sauté until it begins to soften. Do not brown. Add pineapple. Then add stock or water. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add NESTLÉ All Purpose Cream. Stir and simmer again for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice. Stir over low heat until the rice is completely coated. Simmer for a minute. Taste and adjust seasoning; cover pan tightly with foil.
- Add the bell peppers and green peas just before the liquid is absorbed. Then cover again until the rice is thoroughly cooked.
- Top with sliced salted egg and garnish with spring onions.