Braised Short Ribs in Creamy Sauce
Preparation Time: 45-50 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour (w/ pressure cooker), 1.5 to 2 hours w/o pressure cooker
|2 kg||beef short ribs, cut into 1 rib section|
|1 ½ cups||white wine|
|2 tsp||olive oil|
|2 Tbsp||minced red onions|
|2 Tbsp||minced garlic|
|1 Tbsp||minced ginger|
|2 Tbsp||diced tomatoes|
|1 Tbsp||turmeric powder|
|1 Tbsp||fish sauce|
|1 Tbsp||MAGGI Oyster Sauce|
|1 Tbsp||sliced green finger chilies|
|5 tsp||buttoned mushrooms|
|2 Tbsp||large cubed carrots|
|2 Tbsp||cubed potatoes|
|1 can||NESTLÉ Cream 300g|
|2 tsp||minced cilantro|
|2 tsp||sliced leeks|
|salt and pepper to taste|
- Sear the beef and deglaze with white wine. Set aside.
- In a separate pan, saute onions, garlic, ginger, tomatoes and turmeric in olive oil until golden brown then add in seared beef. Add in fish sauce, sugar, oyster sauce, green chilies, and mushrooms.
- Simmer in low heat for 1 hour until beef is tender. Add carrots and potatoes and simmer until cooked.
- Finish it with NESTLÉ Cream to make it creamier. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with cilantro and leeks. Serve.